Beginning PHP and PostgreSQL 8 : from novice to professional by W Jason Gilmore, Robert H. Treat PDF
By W Jason Gilmore, Robert H. Treat
* providing a local home windows liberate, PostgreSQL 8.0 is poised to garner significant industry proportion within the open resource enviornment. This publication exhibits readers how you can harness this well known open resource database with personal home page, the world’s most well liked net scripting language.
* basically 3 books in a single, PostgreSQL 8.0 exposes readers to designated introductions of Hypertext Preprocessor and PostgreSQL. Readers achieve wide wisdom approximately those well known open resource applied sciences to create robust web content.
* Authored through W. Jason Gilmore, writer of the easiest promoting starting personal home page five and MySQL: From amateur to expert, and famous PostgreSQL developer and neighborhood liaison Robert deal with.
Read Online or Download Beginning PHP and PostgreSQL 8 : from novice to professional PDF
Similar web programming books
The fb API permits net builders to create fb functions and entry fb information from different purposes. fb API builders advisor covers the use and implementation of the fb API—what the major beneficial properties are and the way you could entry them. you are going to study, via useful examples, the most good points of the fb API together with an creation to the API–specific languages FQL and FBML.
A entire advisor to bbPress with transparent and concise directions on increasing your WordPress website with a neighborhood discussion board assessment A step by step consultant to making, dealing with, and growing to be a neighborhood round your WordPress web site examine convenient tips from an skilled group supervisor to maintain your discussion board freed from trouble combine bbPress performance into WordPress with shortcodes intimately inspite of the increase of social media, boards stay a favored a part of the web.
Markup is synonymous with the improvement of the internet, yet most folks simply scratch the outside of its functions. Why accept normal HTML, in the event you can develop into an HTML5 grasp? That’s the place this targeted publication is available in. It’s aimed toward net designers and builders who are looking to take their markup even extra within the fascinating new instructions the web has taken in multimedia, interactivity and superior semantics.
Do you want to combine Google+ with an current site, or construct your personal social software at the platform? constructing with Google+ takes you on a travel of the Google+ APIs, with plenty of concrete examples and hands-on tasks. you will tips on how to make the most of Google+ social plug-ins, speak programmatically with Google+ over relaxation APIs, and writer real-time Hangout Apps.
- XSLT 2.0 and XPath 2.0 : programmer's reference
- PHP & MySQL For Dummies, 4th Edition
- HTML5 Web Application Development By Example
- Microsoft Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition Step by Step
Additional resources for Beginning PHP and PostgreSQL 8 : from novice to professional
0 offered a solution to this annoying problem, introducing the concept of output buffering. When enabled, output buffering tells PHP to send all output at once, after the script has been completed. This way, any subsequent changes to the header can be made throughout the script, because it hasn’t yet been sent. Enabling the output_buffering directive turns output buffering on. Alternatively, you can limit the size of the output buffer (thereby implicitly enabling output buffering) by setting it to the maximum number of bytes you’d like this buffer to contain.
Common Pitfalls It’s common to experience some initial problems bringing your first PHP-enabled page online. This list touches upon some of the more commonplace symptoms: • Changes made to Apache’s configuration file do not take effect until it has been restarted. Therefore, be sure to restart Apache after adding the necessary PHP-specific lines to the file. • When you modify the Apache configuration file, you may accidentally introduce an invalid character, causing Apache to fail upon an attempt to restart.
Customizing the Unix Build Although the base PHP installation is sufficient for most beginning users, the chances are that you’ll soon want to make adjustments to the default configuration settings and possibly experiment with some of the third-party extensions that are not built into the distribution by default. /configure --help To make adjustments to the build process, you just need to add one or more of these arguments to PHP’s configure command, including a value assignment if necessary. For example, suppose you want to enable PHP’s FTP functionality, a feature not enabled by default.
Beginning PHP and PostgreSQL 8 : from novice to professional by W Jason Gilmore, Robert H. Treat