- So you want to fly, and you want to fly safe…
We’re excited to get you in the air, it’s one of the most rewarding hobbies out there, and we’ve got a lot of experience getting folks off the ground. Here’s one of our most encouraged suggestions for today’s modern flyer, the AMA! We are your local AMA Hobby Shop, and we strongly suggest that you become a member. You can do so by clicking this link HERE:
Why should you join the AMA? You can read the overview in-depth HERE, but to summarize:
First, it’s the AMA! It’s an organization by hobbyists, for hobbyists, and it fights to keep the hobby alive! The AMA is always trying to find and authorize flight zones, schedule events, negotiate safety codes and programs, and they even offer scholarships for our younger pilots. They push to make this hobby as pain-free and fun as it can be.
Second, membership in the AMA qualifies you for the best Protection in the hobby. Nobody ever thinks about how much damage a bad crash can do until it’s too late, from grazing a bad power line, to losing sight and hitting someone, you never want to fly without protection. Joining the AMA allows you to claim the following:
Liability Coverage for the Operation of Model Aircraft, Boats, Cars, and Rockets
- $2,500,000 Comprehensive General Liability Protection for model activities for members, clubs, site owners, and sponsors
- $25,000 Accident/Medical Coverage for members
- $10,000 Maximum Accidental Death Coverage for members
- $1,000 Fire, Theft, and Vandalism Coverage for members
- Primary Site Owner Insurance
How can you not take advantage of all that? Fill out a membership form today!